Ok so this salad looks good, but does it taste good……
Its so easy to make, and what a combination! This salad is all about summer favours. Fresh peppery rucola, creamy sharp feta, with the star of the attraction -grilled mango.
Wow. I never thought I would grill mango, but what a difference this makes. Fragrant and juicy, but with a warming grilled texture that just seems to make it even better. I was a little concerned whether it would fall apart on me, but if you use a really hot pan, and don't keep it in there for too long -it retains its juices just right.
This salad would be nothing though without its dressing! Thanks to the kind permission of vom Fass (Heilbronn), you get to see some great recipes with their fabulous oils and vinegars that are not normally seen in your local supermarket.
I have to say i was amazed at this mango balsam. It has such a rich powerful mango smell, I wanted to taste it straight away! With low acidity, its just right for this salad. Blending the dressing had a great aroma even before getting to taste….
Mango, Feta, Rucola and a fruit inspired dressing. A great mix of flavours and textures. It’s brilliant for summery evening meals, picnics, BBQ's, dinner parties and just about any meal where a little taste sensation is needed. Try it for yourself! Wow your friends this summer season….
Prep: 20 min.
2. Peel the mango. Carefully cut 2 slices of mango 1-1.5cm thick.
3. Cut the feta into bite sized pieces.
4. Wash and dry the rucola, placing it upon a serving plate.
5. Place the mango slices in a grill pad without fat, and roast lightly on both sides.
6. Roast the salad nuts in a dry pan until lightly browned
7. Place the feta onto the rucola.
8. Position the mango in the middle, and dust with the roasted nuts.
1. Measure out the oils and mustard and place in a small bowl, mix lightly.
2. Add freshly milled salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the dressing to the prepared salad.
4. Mix together well.
The great thing with the bento is that you can serve into it, and be sure that its leakproof seals will make sure the filling stays where it's supposed to.
Take it to work or school, or just out for a picnic. This great recipe will taste amazing wherever you go.
..... our bentos are so versatile.
Comments will be approved before showing up.